Thursday, June 14, 2007

“God made Hannah Funny”

As I was tucking Alex in bed the other night he told me “God made Hannah funny”. I wasn’t quite sure if he was talking about her appearance or her personality. So I asked him what he meant and he told me the Hannah is a funny little girl – she makes him laugh. Well, funny isn’t exactly the word I would describe her. Actually, there’s really not one word adequate enough describe my daughter. From the day she was born, Hannah’s been strong-willed and stubborn. That’s not to say that she’s not happy or charming. On the contrary, Hannah loves to sing and dance which is absolutely entertaining. She’s very animated and makes funny faces and has a very sweet little girl voice. But… she has hit the “terrible two” stage. She has a habit of shaking her finger at anyone and yelling “BAD”. This habit is totally embarrassing when we are out and about and she is telling complete strangers that they are bad. She is also very bossy and knows exactly what she wants. Although Hannah can be very demanding, she is pretty good about using her manners (please and thank you). At times I feel like I’m the mother of a female Jekyll and Hyde. So Alex, I suppose I do have to agree with you, God did make Hannah funny and I wouldn’t want her any other way.



No comments: