Thursday, February 19, 2009


I celebrated my 38th birthday a couple of weeks ago. It was a quiet celebration with cake, flowers, a few presents and lots of hugs and kisses - it was perfect. My 38th year was a year of self-awareness and growth. I'm definitely a better wife, mom, and daughter but most of all I'm a better ME. I'm mentally and physically stronger and healthier than I've ever been in my entire life. Last year at this time I don't think I could have run two miles now it's nothing for me to run six or seven miles and I actually love it. I now spend more time reading scientific journals that I find fascinating and I get my morning hit of NPR which I simply disregarded several months ago. And most importantly, I have my glass of wine each night from my wine of the week club. Sure I still run around helping Alex with his homework/reading and volunteering in his class, trying to figure out how to calm down the Hannah temper tantrums, run to the grocery store and cook family meals, and go to work each day. But the point is I figured out how to carve a little ME time into each day which makes everyone in my life a bit happier.

No comments: