Thursday, June 18, 2009

Last Day of School!



Today is Alex's last day of Kindergarten. He went to school with mixed feelings this morning - he is ready for summer fun but he will miss seeing his teachers and friends on a regular basis. Alex had wonderful teachers that helped make the transition into elementary school very easy. Alex had a very successful year socially and academically. He received a couple of "Character Bears" and lots of Happy Grams and is on his way to reading independently. I can't believe that 9 months ago I waved to the yellow bus carrying my little boy who couldn't read and only write his name and today I will wait for the bus to bring home my little boy who is now a couple inches taller, can read and write full sentences, and solve basic math problems. As we bid kindergarten farewell we are also welcoming a summer full of fun and enjoyment.

No comments: